[Zope] Passing args to PageTemplateFile instances

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri Sep 23 07:06:00 EDT 2005

2005/9/23, Anders Bruun Olsen <anders at bruun-olsen.net>:
> > Why the extra self-wrapping.
> > Do it this way:
> >      def testit(self, REQUEST=None):
> >          return self.test(self, self.REQUEST, something="blah")
> > Then you'll be able to use:
>
> Thanks, I have now tried that, but it still does not work. I still get:
>
> Error Type: KeyError
> Error Value: 'something'

Please press "Reply-All" and not just to me.
That is the correct way of calling PageTemplateFile objects in python
code. I've got it working in many places. The error must be either a
new zope bug or something else being wrong. Is your setup as simple as
you've described in the email?
What happens when you in that TAL do something like:

Do the other namespaces work in the page template? Eg. <br
tal:replace="python:len(request.form.keys())" /> or <br
tal:replace="python:context.absolute_url_path()" />

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com