[Zope] Passing args to PageTemplateFile instances

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Fri Sep 23 18:36:28 EDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 12:39:31PM +0100, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> RESULT:
> Welcome to testprod
> {'args': (<TestProd at /test/testprod used for /test/testprod>,
> <HTTPRequest, URL=http://localhost:8080/test/testprod/test_testprod>),
> 'something': 'blah'}
> 0
> /test/testprod
> http://www.peterbe.com/test/TestProd.tgz
> So it works just fine in Zope 2.8.0
> I suspect that the code you paste was idented wrong because the def
> testit() function looked like it was part of the __init__ function.

Yes, the paste was wrong, but there was more than that, I had my editor
slightly misconfigured, which meant that the testit method was done with
tab-indention and the rest of the file with space-indention. After I
fixed that, it worked correctly and "something" shows up in options. I
am absolutely stumped by why an indention problem can cause such a weird
bug. I would have expected Zope/python to spew out an error telling me
that indention was fucked up. To just silently make things not work is
definitely not nice.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help!

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD4DEFED0