[Zope] how determine all Zope/Plone dependencies for chroot jail?

Nikko Wolf nikko-wolf at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 23 18:42:01 EDT 2005

seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> I'd like to run Zope/Plone in a chroot jail.
>
> How determine all dependencies to make this possible??
>
> (What does it need outside of the zope instance home?)

Go ahead and create the 'jail' and add what files you think it needs,
and keep adding missing files until it works.

Since symbolic links will not, you could hard link directories, but be
careful when you do it *AND* be aware that it exposes your actual system
files to the process within the 'jail'.  Copying is much safer.

get familiar with ldd(1) -- it's your friend.

- N