[Zope] securing webdav

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sat Sep 24 08:44:44 EDT 2005

Hi Sascha. I realize that you can forward a port this way but this
requires providing server accounts to users in addition to zope
accounts.  scponly is a product to remove other shell functionality -
so you can hand out accounts in a more untrusted situation.  Either
way, handing out server accounts is not something I favor.

I am looking for either for a proper zope solution or a way of using
the apache proxy to accomplish this.  David is right, I have also seen
very little about securing webdav outside of ZServerSSL and m2crypto.
Anyone happy with the results? I am not even certain if it works with
2.8.

What about sftp? Anyone using Zope Corp's sftp package that can
comment? I believe twisted is in the mix for Zope3 and sftp.  Can
anyone comment on this or whether this solution has some potential for
Zope2.  I think the Zope Corp idea was twisted obtaining the data on
port and supplying the data to zope in the background.

Regards,
David