[Zope] Any hope of *merging* 2 'zope instance home's ??

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 05:13:29 EDT 2005

seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> I have 2 Zope/Plone sites each with their
> own 'zope instance home'.
>
> Any hope of *merging* these into *ONE* zope instance
> home so that I can do /search/ over both???

Wel, certainly possible to merge...

> How merge both Data.fs's?

do a .zexp of the one site and import it into the other ZODB.

You can then search by having your search call both portal_catalogs and
combine the results...

However, you may also with to consider merging the two sites by doing
the above import, and then copying all content from one site to the other.

If the sites still require seperate look and feel, then use two skins on
one Plone site.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk