[Zope] Aquisition, UserFolder and security

bruno modulix bruno at modulix.org
Wed Sep 28 09:01:56 EDT 2005

Andrew Milton wrote:

(snip)

> And turning off "Acquire" roles on the security tab of the folders you don't
> want to have acquired doesn't work?

This would probably be the cleanest solution here, and - shame on me - I
didn't even think of it. Now the problem is that CPS has a very complex
permission/roles/groups scheme, and I wouldn't want to mess with it.

Anyway, I found a working hack^Msolution that do the trick and seems not
to have too much drawbacks for now  - mostly, overriding the _isTop()
method and looking for another CPS instance in aq_chain, if so return
True, which prevent looking further. Since there won't be another CPS
instance in the aq_chain when managing the application from the ZMI, it
should be ok (and AFAICT it works just fine).

--
Bruno Desthuilliers
Développeur
bruno at modulix.org