[Zope] SiteAccess (Enh. VHM) still needed, or merged to Zope?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 20:49:55 EDT 2005

Most references I find (google, The Plone Book - McKay, Building Websites
W/ Plone - Cooper) on virtual hosting Zope behind Apache recommend
starting with sfm's SiteAccess enhanced Virtual Host Monster product:
http://www.zope.org/Members/sfm/SiteAccessEnhanced/view

Reportedly last updated 2001-08-19, is SAE really so mature that it has
not subsequently needed updates or merited a merge into Zope's own VHM?

I need to map the incoming URL "http://(*.)foo.com/new/*" to a Plone
instance at "http://localhost:8080/foo/*" , and later change the
inbound mapping to "http://(*.)foo.com/*" after customer acceptance.

I'm guessing that this is the most vanilla virtual hosting requirement
possible, and I want to use the simplest configuration to accomplish it.
If the old SEH 2.1.0 is the recommended tool with Zope-2.8.1, I'm sure the
existing docs will be enough to figure it out. Thanks.