[Zope] single sign-on

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.demon.nl
Sat Apr 1 01:47:47 EST 2006

Robert Boyd wrote:
> FastCGI is deprecated, but it still can be used, correct? I also use
> it to pass REMOTE_USER from Apache to Zope (in a Shibboleth set-up),
> and nobody has given me an alternative using rewrite and proxy.

Well, you'll get a warning of the deprecation at start time. That's all, I believe. But since it is deprecated, bug fixing/improvements will not be done, like this one:  "filestream_iterator handling is not implemented for FastCGI protocol", see http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1647

Furthermore, I have another annoying problem with the current setup. I provide some files from the file system, through LocalFS, but it doesn't work with Apache+NTLM+FastCGI. Rather than getting the file I get the description of the object, like

<open file '/work/docs/MyFile.PDF', mode 'rb' at 0x42310974>

Regards,
Fernando