[Zope] Apache2 rewrite gives frustrating 403 error

Flemming Bjerke flem at bjerke.dk
Wed Apr 5 06:36:37 EDT 2006

I hope someome can help me solving this problem:

My apache2 rewrite statement to zope/plone make persistently 403 error.
(Exactly the same statement has worked before.)

From sites-available/zope:

NameVirtualHost 213.173.259.117
<VirtualHost 213.173.259.117>
 DocumentRoot /var/www/virtual/globalfordring.dk
 ServerName globalfordring.dk
 ServerSignature On
 CustomLog     /var/log/apache2/globalfordring.dk-access.log combined
 ErrorLog      /var/log/apache2/globalfordring.dk-error.log
 LogLevel debug
 RewriteEngine On
 ProxyVia On
 RewriteRule ^/(.*)$
http://globalfordring.dk:8083/VirtualHostBase/http/globalfordring.dk:80/portaler/globalfordring/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
</VirtualHost>

If I remove the rewrite rule, a browser reads html-files from the
DocumentRoot. I can also browse zope directly:

http://globalfordring.dk:8083/portaler/globalfordring.

But, when I rewrites this url to globalfordring.dk, I get:

The happens if I exchange RewriteRule with:

 ProxyPass / http://localhost:8083/portaler/globalfordring
 ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/globalfordring

I don't understand what is wrong?

Flemming

The server is a debian stable, Sarge, with apache2.0.54, og zope278 is
compiled with its own python 2.3.5. There is a a virtualhostmoster in /. The
problem does not disappear when I disable the iptables firewall.

mods-enabled:
actions.load auth_plain.load mod_python.load perl.load php4.load
proxy_connect.load proxy.load userdir.conf cgi.load perl.conf php4.conf
proxy.conf proxy_ftp.load rewrite.load userdir.load

error-log:
[client 62.66.183.58] client denied by server configuration:
proxy:http://globalfordring.dk:8083/VirtualHostBase/htt
p/globalfordring.dk:80/portaler/globalfordring/VirtualHostRoot/