[Zope] TextIndexNG and ExtFile

Michael Vartanyan pycry at doli.biz
Fri Apr 7 17:22:47 EDT 2006

> I've got a site with a couple hundred ExtFile objects. I now need to
> index the content of the various files (word, pdf, excel, ppt). I see
> that ExtFile doesn't have a PrincipiaSearchSource method so I created
> one. It returns self.index_html(). When I go back into my catalog and
> reindex my PrincipiaSearchSource index (a textindexng index), clicking
> the "Reindex" button opens the ExtFile I'm trying to index. Is there
> something more to the process of trying to index ExtFiles with
> TextIndexNG. I've googled around and tried a few things but either
> they don't work or I get the same results I've just described. Any ideas?

this is what was discussed here:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2006-March/165803.html
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2006-April/165924.html

and a number of times before. Looks like someone needs to really look at
this. I will try to do that over the weekend, if nothing works... well,
my 19k ExtFiles will have to turn into Chris' blobs :-)