[Zope] where's the XML?

Erik Myllymaki erik.myllymaki at aviawest.com
Tue Apr 11 17:29:24 EDT 2006

I want to access numerous methods/functions on a zope server via Javascript.
Zope has xml "built-in" right? So must I write my own XML output?

For now, I wrap the existing functions like so:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ajaxresponse xmlns:tal="http://xml.zope.org/namespaces/tal" >
   <response type="object" id="clientDetails">
     <client tal:repeat="row python:here.client_lookup(clientid=request.clientid)">
       <fname tal:content="python:row.fname1">fname1</fname>
       <lname tal:content="python:row.lname1">lname1</lname>
     </client>
   </response>
</ajaxresponse>

I know i'm missing the obvious here so please, somebody, hit me over the head
with it.

Thanks.