[Zope] Permissions, files and folders

Erik Billing erik at ekhagen.org
Sun Apr 16 12:55:36 EDT 2006

On 4/11/06, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> Erik Billing wrote at 2006-4-10 20:38 +0200:
> >This works fine, except that it's a bit clumsy and has one big error; I
> >catch just any exception that arises from the
> >files.append(fileIterator.next())-call,
> >and swallow it.
>
> In fact, you should *NEVER* do this.

I totally agree

>I've tried catching only the Unauthorized-exception, but an
> >anonymus user does not have access to the Unauthorized-exception, so I
> can't
> >specify is in my except-declaration without getting a new authorization
> >error.
>
> The "README" in "Products/PythonScripts" (unmong others) tells
> you how to allow the import of usually protected ressources.
>
> --
> Dieter

Thanx, it worked fine when I allowed the unauthorized module, but I still
wonder if this is the way I *should* do it, is there no easier way that does
not incorporate an python script (or a similar clumsy dtml solution). It
just feels a little overkill to write a specific script just to access the
files in a directory.
/Erik