[Zope] ftp server deadlocking zope

Michael Kaplan kaplan at ma.tum.de
Sun Apr 23 12:54:31 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have a problem with the Medusa FTP server deadlocking Zope completely.

I'm using Zope 2.8.5-final, python 2.3.5, sunos5 with standard port
settings and
port-base 1500, e.g.

ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_server (Port: 9580)
ZServer.FTPServer.FTPServer (Port: 9521)

I can connect to the ftp server

> ftp localhost 9521
Connected to localhost.
220  FTP server (Medusa Async V24763 [experimental]) ready.
Name (localhost:root): *******
331 Password required.
Password: ******
230 Login successful.
ftp> cd dir
250 CWD command successful.

The standard ftp commands *cd*, *lcd*, *put* and *get* work fine.

But if I try to use *ls*, *dir* or *mkdir* Zope seems to arrive in an
infinite loop blocks one cpu completely and has to be restarted.

Thanks in advance,

Michael