[Zope] pointers in zope (newbie question)

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Thu Apr 27 10:33:58 EDT 2006

I've done a similar app where there's an archive of files (zope File
objects) that I'm doing stuff with in another place.
I happily used::

  return self.unrestrictedTraverse(self.actual_path)

in a class that looks something like this::

class VirtualFile(SimpleItem):
     def __init__(self, id, actual_path):
         self.id = id
         self.actual_path = actual_path

      def _get_actual_object(self):
         """ return the real object this refers to """
         return self.unrestrictedTraverse(self.actual_path)

     def get_size(self):
         obj = self._get_actual_object()
         return obj.get_size()

thomas desvenain wrote:
> hello,
>
> i need to have the same object at different places,
> more properly, i need to refer an object at different places, in
> different folders, of my zope application
>
> (i use formulator, and i would like that when i modify properties of
> the "same" field in different forms, all the others are  updated)
>
> is it possible ?
>
> thanks
>
> thomas

Peter Bengtsson,