[Zope] Using the Tree Widget

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Sat Aug 5 09:30:48 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "David VanKirk" <kriknav at gmail.com>
To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>
Cc: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 7:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Using the Tree Widget

> Yea I saw that and started working or writing my own function, but
> there are some other things that didn't work for me.  I guess I don't
> know how the widget calls that function.
>
> Does it call that function once, or does it call it for each node?
> Does the widget pass some info to the function (or can it be done) so
> that the function knows what node the widget wants children for?  Does
> the widget expect a certain type of object list to be returned from
> the function?  How would I format the returned object to be displayed
> if it's not in the standar Zope Object format?

All I can suggest is: (i) create small test routines to check out features
one-at-a-time, and (ii) look at the source code.

It may be easier/simpler just to build your own tree-generation routine for
the db/data you are using (this is what I have done in the past, it is not a
difficult task and it gives you complete control over the content and
display of the tree).

Jonathan