[Zope] Re: Zope 2.9 Product Refreshing

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk
Mon Aug 7 08:42:38 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:
> James Davies wrote:
>> Another major issue I've discovered is Zope hosting. We reguarly
>> deploy custom sites on shared zope environments, and having to
>> restart an entire server just to update one product severely breaks
>> our uptime guarentee.
>
> Refresh only works in debug-mode. You want to tell us that you are
> running a production site in debug-mode?

Since when does refresh only work in debug mode? Admittedly we are still on
Zope 2.7.x, but it works in non-debug mode for me.

When I need to update skin folders on our production server then I do that
by forcing the skin product to refresh. For other products I restart the
servers, but as Reinoud points out if you have multiple ZEO clients that
doesn't result in any downtime (we currently have 6 ZEO clients) although
it will result in a slower response for the first few hits after the
restart.