[Zope] ZODB install time error

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Aug 15 14:54:50 EDT 2006

P. Nagaraj wrote at 2006-8-14 22:56 +0530:
>I executed the "python setup.py build". And then when I execute the
>"python test.py", I get these kind of errors, many of them
>
>//==
>Error in test checkReconnectReadOnly
>(ZEO.tests.testConnection.FileStorageReconnectionTests)
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/ZEO/tests/ConnectionTests.py", line 122,
>in tearDown
>     os.waitpid(pid, 0)
>OSError: [Errno 10] No child processes
>==//

The "waitpid" call should get rid of so called "Zombie" processes
(a died child process -- not yet acknowledged by the parent).

If for some reason the server could not be created in the first
place, then there will be no dead child to reap off.

Furthermore, some *nixes allow to call for automatic
child reaping *AND* may propagate this option automatically
to child processes. In those cases, "waitpid" may non deterministically
fail (if the OS was quicker to reap the child).

I would put a "try: ... except OSError: pass" around the "waitpid".
If there is no child (that's the error you are told about), then
there is no Zombie and no need for "waitpid".

--
Dieter