[Zope] MailBoxer Question

beno zope at 2012.vi
Wed Aug 23 17:57:41 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> beno wrote:
>> As far as Andreas' comment of switching to Mailman, dunno why, but
>> Mailman requires cgi scripts, and I use Pound as reverse proxy
>> directly to Zope,
>
> Why don't you use Apache, like every other sane individual out there?
Actually, there are a *lot* of people who *don't* use Apache! Here's
why: Apache duplicates 95% of what Zope's server does, so if you're only
using Zope, then it's un-elegant to use Apache. Not a good, clean
solution at all! Besides, the rewrite rules you have to throw at Apache
are awkward, and that's the reason why!  However, Zope can't handle cgi
scirpts, and Mailman uses cgi scripts. That's one reason I don't want
Mailman. Furthermore, MailBoxer could be more easily integrated into
Plone, because it's integrated into Zope, therefore sharing password
information, etc., would be easier, and that makes MailBoxer a more
logical choice. I always prefer Zope products over non-Zope products for
integration purposes. Now...

Will *you* answer my question?

On this page (of a Zope product):
http://iungo.org/products/MailBoxer/
there is the instruction to send an email to this address:
|foo at yourMailHost.yourDomain
What exactly does that mean? Can someone give me an example? The list is
called "rejoice", the Web site in question is called "rejoice.2012.vi"
and I tried this address: "rejoice at 2012.vi". It didn't work. So I tried
this address: "rejoice at rejoice.2012.vi". On that one, I didn't get a
bounce but I didn't show up in the Properties::maillist, either, nor did
I receive a welcome message :( Frankly, I find the tokens "yourMailHost"
and "yourDomain" terribly unclear.

TIA,
beno