[Zope] How best to copy and paste in pythonscript?

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Mon Aug 28 08:38:23 EDT 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 14:06, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 28. August 2006 14:00:25 +0200 Gaute Amundsen <gaute at div.org> wrote:
> > On Monday 28 August 2006 13:16, Andreas Jung wrote:
> >> - Docfindertab
> >> - lib/python/OFS/interfaces.py (!)
> >> - lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py
> >>
> >> -aj
> >
> > Excuse me, my oh so knowledgable friend, but it is not at all obious to
> > me,  ( or most other readers of this list, I'd wager) what or where
> > "Docfindertab"  is.
>
> You might google for Docfindertab and click on the first hit. I think
> that's a task you can perform on your own?

I am not in the habit of installing products on our server just because some
self important twat, who could not be bothered to write "try the Docfindertab
product", mentions a name that might refer to that product.

Now you have spent twise as much time typing the reply, as you would have if
you had been clear from the start.

Not to mention nurturing my growing desire to switch to ROR at the first
oportunity, and demonstrating to potential zope users on the list that asking
for help wil just get you insulted.

Nice.

> > On the zope site perhaps, or maybe on _your_ os?
>
> ?
>
> > But knowing you a bit by now, me thinks you are infact referring to the
> > source..
> > Some API doc that!
> >
> > Actually, I am starting to think there should be a big notice on the
> > frontpage  of the http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ section saying:
> >
> > "don't bother with this, just read the source"
> >
> > I am sure zopes momentum as a platform would improve greatly,
> > and you would not have to bother answering such stupid questions.
>
> The documentation situation in Zope 2 land is as it is and it won't change
> much. And as a Zope developer one should know that APIs are usually
> documented in interface files (that's why I mentioned them
> *before* the source code file).
>
> -aj

On my installaton there is no interfaces.py for OFS, nor for hardly anything
else.

But never mind, you can spare me you nuggets of wisdom, they are not worth the
bother.

G.