[Zope] Re: Preserving Context

Javier Subervi javier_subervi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 11:55:52 EST 2006

From: Jonathan <dev101 at ...>
&&
From: Suresh V <suresh_vv at ...>

>In your script you could access the catalog as follows:
>
>    afolder = context.restrictedTraverse('folderA/folderB/'+someLocalFolder)    # pass 'someLocalFolder' as a parameter
>    catalog = afolder.Catalog    # assuming you have named your ZCatalog 'Catalog'

The problem with this, is that this script is used at the base of a portal with several different Web sites, therefore, the root folder of each is different.

>And where is mycontext defined? You will need a tal:define="mycontext here" or something.

I added the following:

       tal:define="mycontext here"
       tal:condition="here/hasSearchEngine(mycontext)">

...but that didn't seem to help any:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: 'hasSearchEngine(mycontext)'

Concerning your comment about the except, this script was written by an employee of mine. I'm now picking up where he left off. I cleaned it up ;)
TIA,
Javier

http://new.mail.yahoo.com