[Zope] problem with the shapelib module.. help

Allen Huang swapp0 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 02:23:33 EST 2006

I want to do some mapping application with zope.. but I have run into this problem over and over..

in "Run Zope in Console"
Exception exceptions.AttributeError:"ShapeFile instance has no attribute 'thisown'" in     ignored

in web browser
Site Error
Error Type: IOError
Error Value: new_ShapeFile failed

I change some setting to my runzope.bat because I want zope to use python2.4.4 instead of the build 2.3.5 because I have install shapelib module(pyshapelib-0.3.win32-py2.4) which is the module I want to use for the import of my external methods. The runzope.bat looks like this:
@set PYTHON=C:\Python24\python.exe
@set ZOPE_HOME=C:\web\Zope\Zope
@set INSTANCE_HOME=C:\web\ZopeInstance
@set SOFTWARE_HOME=C:\web\Zope\Zope\lib\python
@set CONFIG_FILE=C:\web\ZopeInstance\etc\zope.conf
@set PYTHONPATH=C:\Python24\Lib;%INSTANCE_HOME%\lib\python;%SOFTWARE_HOME%;%PYTHONPATH%
@set ZOPE_RUN=%SOFTWARE_HOME%\Zope2\Startup\run.py
"%PYTHON%" "%ZOPE_RUN%" -C "%CONFIG_FILE%" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7

I made a very short python external method to test the shapelib module

import shapelib, dbflib
def testShapeLib(self):
    f1 = shapelib.ShapeFile('C:\\web\\ZopeInstance\\taipei.shp')

but all I get out of it is the above two errors
anyone have any idea what i'm do wrong with my settings or my code? any thought?

http://mail.yahoo.com