[Zope] problem with the shapelib module.. help

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 22 14:52:53 EST 2006

Allen Huang wrote at 2006-12-21 23:23 -0800:
>I want to do some mapping application with zope.. but I have run into this problem over and over..
>
>in "Run Zope in Console"
>Exception exceptions.AttributeError:"ShapeFile instance has no attribute 'thisown'" in     ignored

Hmm. I doubt that you have really seen this text. There should be something
in between the "in" and the "ignored". It is *vital* that you
are as precise as possible in your problem reports...

Python emits messages of the kind above in some (rare) situations,
e.g. when exceptions occur in destructors.

The exception above seems to have been raised in such a situation.
The missing thing betwenn "in" and "ignored" should tell us which situation
this was.

It tells you that something tries to access the attribute "thisown"
on a "ShapeFile" instance but this does not have the attribute.

>in web browser
>Site Error
>An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>Error Type: IOError
>Error Value: new_ShapeFile failed

Another tip for the future. When you report problems, you need
to include full error information. Beside the "Error Type" and
"Error Value" above, this also includes the traceback.
You find all this information in the "error_log" object in
Zope's "Root Folder" (Management Interface).

--
Dieter