[Zope] processing data problem

Allen Huang swapp0 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 22:18:33 EST 2006

Thanks for replying Maciej Wisniowski

As I have mention some of the problem due to both methods I proposed, I wish to aim to build a system that could keep everything web-based and at the same time process the source data on the user's computer instead of send large source file(such as the dbf) back to the server for process. I feel that this way it would be faster since the processing the source data isn't very complicated with the python modules I have on-hand to do the processing. The problem is how to get the module to the users at the same time work for them. Just as you said, I could make an application for windows users, but I really want to keep everything web based and be multi-plateform.

I want to make a zope site where you can deliver modules to the user computer, process the data, send back to the server, create zope objects and store it in zodb.

This is what I wants to do. Please feel free to provide me with any suggestion.. Thanks.