[Zope] Serve PHP/Perl within Zope

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu Feb 2 04:19:42 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> ...but hey, you could always use Squid and ESI if you want multiple
> languages to generate a single page ;-)

Which makes damned good sense if the component parts assembled by ESI
were cached individually. So the whole homepage cached for 24 hours,
except for the breaking news box (cached for 1 hour) and the poll
which comes from a dedicated poll server..

I'd prefer the same language at the Squid level, granted, but if
simplicity enables little loss in performance so be it.

--
Martijn Pieters