[Zope] how to modify documents creation date

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Sun Feb 5 07:50:01 EST 2006

Zope objects don't have a creation date, but they have a modification
date which is called bobobase_modification_time which is a callable
function. This can't be modified as far as I know other than setting
this date to todays date and time. Don't rely on this date for
anything.

You're better off setting your own date on every object. How you do
this depends but if you use Plone it shouldn't be hard if you use
archetypes.

On 2/5/06, zenobito zenobito <zenobito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I need to modify the creation date of several documents: most of them a
> news, so I have to insert/modify to make them appear to bo created some time
> ago.
>  Someone told me it can't be done in plone or zmi, but using scripting: ok,
> I believe it, but I think it's quite strange that no one else had to insert
> an old (forgotten) news in a plone site.
>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  zenobito.
>
>  p.s.: I have zope 2.7.2, plone 2.0.5, ubuntu linux.

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com
hobby www.issuetrackerproduct.com