[Zope] can't find template (newbie)

David De Maeyer bioman226 at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 6 06:06:57 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have been given to look at a website running on Zope
for one of our partner. The site has been installed by
a developer who since left that partner. The
installation is as often undocumented which doesn't
really help me getting through the setup.

Zope 2.7.5 is installed, CMF 1.4 as well.

All I need to do is to modify the address of our
partner which appears at the bottom of page when you
go on their home page. Simple... well I thought it
would be...

I did a search within the Zope file system on the
server hoping I would find the template used to
generate the index_html but I could't found any file
containing the address but a siteroot_view.pt file.
However this file doesn't seem to be the one I am
looking for. I modified it, restarted Zope, checked
the page (after cleaning my browser cache)... but I
can't see the change I have made.

I then logged on the CMS site to check if the footer
could be changed from there; it cannot be changed. I
can modify some portion of the page but not the
footer.

I then logged on the Zope Management Interface and
tried to understand where the footer could be defined
but with no success.

Taking a look to the log files didn't help neither;
Nor to the Zope/CMF manuals.

I am basically out of ideas! Any help to figure out
how to find that template will be appreciated!!

Any idea where to locate that template or modify that
template? Could it be that the template is only stored
in the Zope DB and not accessible/visible as text
file? I must have missed something...

Best regards,

David