[Zope] Ignore stopwords/characters in alphabetical results

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 05:26:26 EST 2006

Thanks Dieter and others for helping me understand
this problem.

In the end I added the following code to my product:

    def norm_title(self):
        """Returns a normalized copy of the title for
sorting purposes"""

        nt = ''

        if hasattr(self, 'title'):
                nt = re.sub('^A |^An |^The |\W', ' ',
self.title)
                nt = join(split(nt))

        return nt

I then added a norm_title index to my ZCatalog for
sorting. I'm a regex newbie so any improvements are
welcome!

Thanks,

Ken