[Zope] zope file system folder(severe problem)

Giorgos Dimitriou gdimitr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 05:36:38 EST 2006

2006/2/10, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> Suggest firstup you read:
>
> ...especially the bit about "Don't flag your question as "Urgent", even
> if it is for you"...

Ok I'm sorry about the severe part.

Giorgos Dimitriou wrote:
> > I am new to zope and I'm exploring different products an functions.
> > A couple of days ago I tried to install a zope product called zope
> > file system folder, on a zope 2.8.4 linux(Red Hat core 4) installation.
>
> Where did you download it from? How are we supposed to help you if we
> don't know what software you used?

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/fsfolder
I just searched in www.zope.org for file system and it came out as a
product.
I don't think you can help me actually, I just re-installed everything

> What this attemt caused was a severe damage of the linux partition.
> > The exact boot error message is this:
> >
> > JDB:Failed to read block at offset 7609
> > EXT3-fs:error loading journal

I'm pretty suprised about that.. I'd look elsewhere, like a hardware
> failure, to find the source of your problem...

There is no hardware problem, I actually used the same partition to do
my fresh installation.

> Could somebody please tell me why did that happen? I need the
> > functionality of file sytem folder but I sure wouldn't risk installing
> > it again!
>
> I suspect you really want LocalFS...

Yes!  this is what I want thanx.

Anyway, I'm sure there is no hardware problem and everything happened
after I tried to run the product.

To be more specific after running it I lost a bunch of files in my home dir
.bashrc etc. I thought I fixed it untill I had to reboot and then it
happened.

I can't imagine what went wrong apart from the product itself.

cheers,

> Chris
>
> --
>             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk