[Zope] Re: major problems placing authentication on an extranet site-security flaw?

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:36:01 EST 2006

>You liar!

I couldn't resist :-) You seem so entertained. Bit of sport and all that.

I've spoken to many people on various lists and can confirm the feeling
about usability on the ZMI etc. You call them 'halfwits'. That puts you on
rather high ground and this attitude is obviously part of the problem.

How come Plone's interface is so useable and a delight to work with? How was
that financed?

> who I have built sites for using Plone and on showing
> them the ZMI they have re-coiled in absolute horror.

>>Sure it wasn't just your cack-handed coding? ;-)

>>> I haven't coded anything in the ZMI !

>>They shouldn't be going to the ZMI if you've done your job properly with
the Plohn interface..

>>>Wrong. There are many things you still have to do through the ZMI. Like
changing the banner graphic on the site if you want to. Basic things like
that.

>Guessing? Yay, just what you need from someone you're paying to develop
>something...

>> Just a figure of speech in trying to be diplomatic. I shouldn't have
bothered to be honest.

And as for the clients comment I'm not even going to go there. I have many
highly satisfied clients. I hope you do as well but I doubt it with such an
un-professional manner.

Please don't post again or I will have to reply :-) ha

--
Michael