[Zope] restricting permissions for direct access only

Michael Shulman shulman at mathcamp.org
Sat Feb 11 14:00:18 EST 2006

Thanks Lennart!  Proxy roles do sound like the answer, but I cannot
get them working.  When I restrict my private script so that only
Managers have View permissions and give my public script Manager proxy
roles, I am still prompted for a login box when I try to view the
public script.  When I cancel, I get the following error:

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'meta_type' in this context

This is different from the standard "You are not authorized to access
this resource. No Authorization header found." error which I get when
I try to access the private script directly, but conveys little to me.
What does it mean and how do I fix it?