[Zope] Re: major problems placing authentication on an extranet site-security flaw?

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:56:25 EST 2006

Yes, I do realise that it's hard. Regarding the cookie comment that
was the reason I wanted to use Apache <location> based login. I do
realise that leaving a logon cookie is insecure and that comment was
perhaps misguided. I started to think about usability etc.

I'm going to block 8080 at the router/firewall level as Zope obviously
needs to keep serving through 8080 to Apache.

As for the issue with IE6 and editing pages over SSL it all works fine
in Firefox 1.5, so it's a browser issue which I just can't quite
fathom just now. Annoying as all the users are on IE. Unless I use
that as an excuse for them all to get a better browser..

Thanks for the comments

Michael

--
Michael