[Zope] calling getOwner on an ExtFile instance raises an Unauthorized ex ception

Palermo, Tom TPalermo at constellagroup.com
Wed Feb 15 10:33:19 EST 2006

All,

Does anyone know why calling getOwner() on an instance of ExtFile raises an
unauthorized exception?
    Error Type: Unauthorized
    Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'getOwner' in this context

ExtFile imports SimpleItem which, in turn, imports AccessControl.Owner

Here's the code from ExtFile:
from OFS.SimpleItem import SimpleItem

Here's the code from SimpleItem:
import AccessControl.Role, AccessControl.Owned, App.Common

I've got some other custom objects in my application which import SimpleItem
and I am able to call getOwner() on them no problem.

Thanks,
Tom