[Zope] Zope 2.9 and SSL

Ron Bickers rbickers-list-zope2 at logicetc.com
Thu Feb 16 12:31:39 EST 2006

On Thu February 16 2006 03:31, you wrote:

> > http://www.lighttpd.net/
>
> How many millions of people use this a day?

I have no idea.  Far less than use Apache, of course, but the number appears
to be growing steadily.

http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/wiki/PoweredByLighttpd has a short list of
those that bothered to add their names, but that doesn't mean a whole lot
and it doesn't say anything at all about the SSL implementation.

> SSL is not something you want to use unless the server has been really
> well battle tested...

Both lighty and Apache use OpenSSL.  I'm using it and haven't seen any
battlefield casualties so far. ;-)  Apache has its share of (even recent)
security issues, including some related to mod_ssl. Lighty seems to be
fitting well for those that need a smaller, simpler server, which is why I
mentioned it.  I'll leave it as an exercise for the interested to determine
if they want to use it.

--
Ron