[Zope] Error Value: 'File' object has no attribute 'manage_fixupOwnershipAfterAdd'

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 14:53:19 EST 2006

Roman Klesel wrote:
> Chris Withers schrieb:
>>> for id in self.manage_targets.keys():
>>>     title =
>>> self.manage_targets[id]['name']
>>>     self.tgt_folder=Folder()
>>
>> This is dangerous...
>
> Why is that?

'cos arbitarilly assigning objects to attributes without understanding
acquisition of the pseudo-interfaces you need to adhere to in Zope will
mean this _will_ bite you later...

>> Why not just:
>>
>>         self.manage_addFolder(id,title)
>
> Well, the suggestion I got was to do:
>
> self.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFolder(...

They're the same thing really...

> and this runs in the "Error Value: _getProducts"
> Error.

Yes, because, almost certainly, 'self' above was not acquisition wrapped.

>> Okay, what type of object is 'self' here, where did you take this code
>> from?
>
> I'm proud to say: I wrote this myself. :-)

Well, you did it wrong... show us soem code and we can fix it.

>> system = getattr(self,id)
>>
>> ...but it really depends on what 'self' is, I'm not sure you have that
>> right.
>
> This also works. However to me it looks like, it produces the exact same result as __getitem__ and self[id] ...

_don't_ count on it...

> This  "being acquisition wrapped" is driving me nuts!
> I just don't get it.

Then go use PHP ;-)

> And I belive it's the cause for the problems I'm facing ...

Yes, stop fighting the framework ;-)
Take some existing examples and try and adapt them rather than starting
from scratch with everything...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk