[Zope] Zope scheduling problem

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Feb 27 04:57:26 EST 2006

On 2/24/06, Nicholas Watmough <nickw at deakin.edu.au> wrote:
> Out of interest, why am I unable to access the method from with my Zope
> python code? What is a private object, and why is it private?

All through-the-web code is run in a restricted sandbox; this includes
Python Scripts, DTML methods, ZSQL methods and Page Templates. Any
access to non-restricted code (Zope Products, the Zope framework
itself, External Methods) is governed by the Zope security system, and
the permissions set. 'Private' is the label given to code that cannot,
ever, be directly called from restricted code.

The method in question is private because it bypasses the security
restrictions imposed by the regular version.

--
Martijn Pieters