[Zope] product security changes from 2.8 to 2.8.5 ?

Ed Colmar ed at greengraphics.net
Mon Feb 27 18:20:11 EST 2006

Hello

I recently moved my zope product developed on a 2.8 server on to a 2.8.5
server, and all of my python code is no longer being published out.

In the past I had been using a doc string  """ doc """ to make methods
accessible.  I realize this is not the proper procedure, but it worked.
Now, on the 2.8.5 server, all of these are refused.

I've been going through and doing security.declarePublic('methodname')
on everything I want to be public, but it does not appear to have any
effect.

Are there any other changes that I need to make to my product in order
to get back the functionality I had previously?

Am I even looking in the right place?

Thanks for any tips

-e-