[Zope] Zope 2.8.5 install

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 7 01:43:32 EST 2006

Robert Conner wrote:

>Hi, I'm trying to install 2.8.5 on my windows machine.
>
>I do not have Visual C++ or .NET. Is there any way to compile are
>install Zope with any sort of free software available?
>
>Thanks,
>Rob Conner

Robert,

This is just an alternate solution ...

I got Ubuntu Linux (recommended by some Zope listers (thanks!)) and it
installed perfectly on my Dell Windows XPS the first time I tried it.  I
had it partion my  primary drive and I  can  now boot either Windows and
Ubuntu Linux.

I then had the joy of compiling from source - (1 minute of joy spread
over 3 days - but at least I didnt have to buy dinner).

David