[Zope] Zope, Apache, REMOTE_USER

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Wed Jan 11 11:45:18 EST 2006

Don't know if this will work for you but since I put Apache in front of Zope
I've had to change all REMOTE_USER to HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR for use in scripts
that used the REMOTE_USER value before.

Thomas

On Monday 19 December 2005 15:12, Robert Boyd wrote:
> I'm using Apache 2.0, and I cannot find a solution to passing the
> value of REMOTE_USER from Apache to Zope when using a rewrite rule. I
> have Apache rewriting requests for Zope, and hooked into Tomcat with
> mod_jk. My users login through a servlet, and Apache has REMOTE_USER
> available to it. But any subsequent request to Zope loses this value.
> I used to have this all working when using FastCGI, but I'm hoping to
> use only mod_rewrite. Is it possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608

Please use the Systems Help Desk at http://linux.library.appstate.edu/help
All in Systems receive an email with each submission.