[Zope] Multiple CookieCrumblers

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:39:52 EST 2006

On 1/11/06, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2006, at 21:46, Brian Sullivan wrote:
>
> > I am using CookieCrumbler as an authentication method on a Zope site.
> >
> > I am looking at the feasibility of putting multi CookieCrumbler
> > objects (all with the same settings -- except for the cache setting)
> > on a site in order to allow some parts of the site to be cached in an
> > upstream proxy and forbidding others.
> >
> > Is this a reasonable thing to do? Will it achieve the result I am
> > looking for?
>
> I will not do what you expect to do. The first cookie crumbler to do
> authentication sets the cookie and even if other cookie crumblers get
> involved they will not just overwrite that cookie because the
> lifetime setting on their cookie is different.

In some testing I found that the headers (at least the upstream cache
setting which is what I was interested in) does seem to be different
depending on the first CookieCrumbler to handle the content (I set one
in a subdirectory to cache setting 'public' and the main system level
one to 'private')-  which would seem to imply that higher placed ones
recognize the cache header setting and avoid changing it? This seemed
to do what I want.

If this isn't a strategy for doing what I want to do can anybody thing of one?
I have a site that is authenticated using CookieCrumbler. I have a
whole bunch of static files/objects, some fairly large isolated in a
subfolder on the site. I want the static objects to be cached by
upstream proxies, but all other parts of the site not cacheable.