[Zope] Leave the ivory tower now!

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:09:17 EST 2006

>From Tino: --
No matter if DTML is still there (and it will) we should
find better ways to teach people how to easy develope in
Zope.
--

Yes, you are right on all you mention.  I didn't know PT was available in
other environments/languages.  Interesting.  However, I still don't want to

The reason I don't use PT is because I can do what I want without it.  You
mention that better ways to teach is needed, and you are right about that,
but when someone like me has no desire to learn it, then it wont help.
Worth noting though, I have looked at it briefly, and it confused the hell
out of me. So, you may be right on anyway, because if it were explained in a
such a way that caused me to just *get it*, then maybe I would go that
route.

I guess it's really a matter of, do I want to spend the time to learn
something when I am loaded with other things to learn all the time, and why
fix it if it isnt broke? (broke from my perspective ,that is.)

Well, why can't there also be good training on DTML as well?  (actually, I
don't thinks it's all that bad anyway.)  And, like Gary asked, why can't
there be a peaceful coexistence bewteen the ZPT and DTML fans?  The reason
why I ask?  Because there is commonley someone saying *DTML sucks, use PT*
when users ask questions about DTML.  (maybe not in those words, but you get
the idea.)

I don't know.  I do appreciate your responses and thoughts Tino. (as you
have always done for me in the past)

Greg

--
Greg Fischer