[Zope] MySql 5.0, ZMySQLDA and stored procedures

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:50:03 EST 2006

Yeah, I put up a patch on the MySQLDb Sourceforge page a long time ago for
that.  Doing almost the same thing. Only I made it so you specify the client
flag in the Zope connection object.  Doesnt do any good for windows though,
they still have a problem with the mysql lib. (I think I posted a bug on
that too)

Greg

On 1/16/06, Cameron Beattie <kjcsb at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> I was getting the following error when attempting to call a stored
> procedure
> via a Z SQL Method:
> _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1312, etc
>
> So I made the following change to
> /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py:
>     def _parse_connection_string(self, connection):
>         kwargs = {'conv': self.conv,
> 'client_flag': 65536 #inserted by CSB
> }
>
> I then restarted Zope. I can now successfully call stored procedures.
> There
> may be a better way to do it. Feel free to advise if so.
>
> Apologies if this information has already been posted.
>
> Cameron

Greg Fischer
1st Byte Solutions
http://www.1stbyte.com