[Zope] ANN: ZSyncer 0.7.1-beta1 released

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jan 17 13:13:53 EST 2006

Paul Winkler wrote at 2006-1-16 14:32 -0500:
>On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 07:48:45PM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> Synchronization modifies "bobobase_modification_time" on the target.
>
>Yep.
>
>> A safe method to check whether you have a current state is to
>> register the "bobobase_modification_time" (on source and target)
>> that resulted from the synchronization.
>> A resynchronization is necessary when the "bobobase_modification_time"
>> moved away from the registered "sync_bobobase_time"s.
>
>Ahhh, now I see. Thank you, this is probably cheaper than
>most of my ideas.
>I could store that info in a BTree of some flavor.

An alternative would be a persistent subobject of the synchronized
object (such that its modification does not modify the
"bobobase_modification_time" of the primary object).

I just notice that synchronization of structured (e.g. "ObjectManager")
objects might be a problem. As subobjects might also be synchronizable,
they, too, should get the correct times.

--
Dieter