[Zope] [Fwd: Zope fails on large task?]

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Jan 19 03:25:56 EST 2006

En/na Jim Fulton ha escrit:

> It works for a few people.  If I try too many people it fails with an
>    Error reading from remote server
> message from the Apache.
>
> I cannot find any hints in the apache or zope logs.  I have tried to
> monitor the server to see if any resources are running out, but have not
> found anything.
>

> Can anyone suggest how I try to diagnose this failure.

Maybe (just maybe) it's a timeout: I saw this when performing a long
plone migration (though the migration completed anyway). The default
timeout is 5 minutes, so this is easy to rule out: if the error comes
out after five minutes it's probably this error (or less if the apache
configuration uses a lower value).
There are many apache parameters to control the timeout, but IIRC the
only one that worked here is the Timeout parameter (though I'm not sure
it solved my issue, I *do* remember that ProxyTimeout, which seemed the
correct parameter to me, did nothing to prevent the problem).

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#timeout
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxytimeout

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007