[Zope] Zope fails on large task?

David bluepaul at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 19 21:10:39 EST 2006

Dave Whiteley wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 12:12 +0000, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
>

>>Can you check your memory consumption on the server? It could be that
>>your application eats up so much memory that your zope can't handle it
>>and thus times out.
>>If this is the case you'll need to rewrite your app to NOT create a
>>too big data structure of dictionaries.
>>

>I do not think this is happening.  The command "top" does not indicate
>that memory is being filled.
>
>Dave
>

>>--
>>Peter Bengtsson,
>>work www.fry-it.com
>>home www.peterbe.com
>>hobby www.issuetrackerproduct.com

David
I missed your fuller explanation.  How big are the responses back to the
client browsers?    Is there a zope.conf directive that limits the size
of responses to client browser?

If you can get the size then you can try and duplicate with a very large
HTML file.  And send that as a response to see if its just a size problem?

Anyway I hope someone can help you.  If you solve this please post to
the list.