[Zope] SSL over Multiple Zope/Plone sites?

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Tue Jan 24 17:09:06 EST 2006

You can have one HTTPS/SSL per IP per port.

I use Pound instead of Apache, and can run an instance for each port.

I use HTTPS on port 444, and 445 for testing/staging arrangements that
match the production HTTPS on 443.  I can set up a self-signed or 3rd
party certificate for each port, and the domain is set in each new
certificate.  And simply use a standard web page to redirect to the new
HTTPS port.  (https://stagingarea.something.com:444/directory)

Also, you can use Pound to virtual host SSL sites, but the certificate
will not match, and a warning to the user.  If you accept the warning,
you are secure, but not very friendly.

Pound can be found at http://www.pound.ch/pound  and is very Zope friendly.

This is not a user-friendly solution for production-level sites, but
great for staging/testing/experimental/admin needs.

Not sure, if this helps,

-Jon