[Zope] Zope vs Plone: performance issues!

Sasha Vincic sasha.vincic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:55:30 EST 2006

On 1/24/06, Michael Vartanyan <pycry at doli.biz> wrote:
> How did you go about caching authenticated content?  Any simple
> personalization element like the user name in the corner disqualifies
> the whole page from effective participation in downstream
> proxying/caching. The only thing you can do with such page is to cache
> it for one particular user hoping that s/he may need the same page again
> (which is not likely).
Well I did cache the page for each user, because most of the content
on a site isn't that dynamic that has to be reloaded every second.
Should content on a page change you invalid them for everyone. Even if
the cache is for short period it's worth it.

How: I used CacheFu and the description there.

> And to finish the picture -
> publication and access times are important for records purposes so the
> current server time should be displayed on all pages.
Well this is a problem, here you have something that invalidates the
page every second or at least minut, but still caching one minute is
worth alot on an active site. There are probably ways to do this with
JS so it's on the client side instead but then you can't be 100% that
it's the same time as on server but it shouldn't diff that much if you
initiate the JS with right time.

If your dynamic parts are not to complicated I would consider Squid3 and ESI.

/Sasha