[Zope] Zope/Plone logon security strategy etc

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:55:30 EST 2006

Hi

Yeah I know the security aspects are good once you are in, however
when you login it's possible for someone to grab your logon name and
pass as it goes over the internet, as there's no encryption at all.
Then obviously login themselves and compromise your sites.

Just slightly concerned about this as I plan to have a few sites
set-up on one server, with client logins and have to advise on
security. I know that Apache SSL can help but it's a tricky extra step
and I only need to secure the login areas at the moment, not encrypt a
whole site.

Thanks

Michael