[Zope] Zope and OAI-PMH

kit blake kitblake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 08:10:46 EST 2006

2006/1/27, Luciano Ramalho <ramalho at gmail.com>:
> I've been assigned to integrate an existing academic portal in Plone
> with the OAI-PMH protocol as a data provider. Searching through this
> list I found the message below, but no response.
>
> On 2/4/05, Yuri <yurj at alfa.it> wrote:
> > There are several (at least two...) products to manage OAI with
> > Zope. Can someone share his experiences in this list? Thanks :)
>
> The products I've found were:
>
> - OAI Pack from Infrae
>     http://www.infrae.com/products/oaipack
>
> - ZOpenArchives from Pentila
>     http://www.pentila.com/produits/ZOpenArchives
>
> Is anyone here using these (or other) products to implement OAI in
> Zope or Plone? Which is the more actively supported product?

Hi Luciano,
The OAI Pack product is actively supported (I don't whether it's 'more'.... :-)

We've had contact with the ZOpenArchives guys. AFAIK, the main
functional difference is ZOpenArchives provides storage for the
'server' in the ZODB, whereas we have assumed (and built) separate
storage servers for the documents, and implemented the
harvesting/search in Zope.

Currently we're completing a Document Library application, written in
Zope3, that supports metadata harvesting with OAI-PMH. This was
presented at the PloneConf in Vienna in september. It'll be released
in the next month or so.
kit

--
kit BLAKE