[Zope] Error importing objects 2.8 > 2.7

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Jan 28 14:34:06 EST 2006

Andreas Jung wrote at 2006-1-28 09:04 +0100:

>--On 27. Januar 2006 22:32:07 +0100 Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>
>wrote:
>
>> Andreas Jung wrote at 2006-1-27 07:04 +0100:
>>> Importing stuff from a new Zope version into an older Zope version was
>>> _never_ a supported feature. Only import between _identical_ versions.
>>> Anything else makes little sense and is unsupported.
>>
>> Of course, you might be happy when you can import into a newer Zope
>> version from an older one. At least, that makes some sense :-)
>>

>Of course we would be happy if we could do that. But export/import was
>never designed to deal with migration issue.

Export/import is essentially what the ZODB does all the time.

If export/import does not work between given Zope versions, it is quite
likely that the same Zope versions will have difficulties with
storages exchange -- and this *IS* a migration issue, Zope should
be concerned with (and not the applications).

If it does, export/import will simply follow (in most cases).

--
Dieter