[Zope] zserver-threads

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Jan 31 10:05:33 EST 2006

On 31 Jan 2006, at 14:59, Jake wrote:

> I just spent a few minutes googling it and failed, but I thought I
> read on
> the Zope wiki that for higher trafic sites, it was better to have
> bigger
> caches (50,000+) and fewer threads (2).

The term "high traffic site" doesn't mean a thing when it comes to
threads or the cache (or in general). It's way too general.
Determinations about cache sizes or thread numbers can only be made
with specific requirements, (estimated) traffic data, hardware
specifications and knowledge about the Zope application in hand, period.

Less threads and bigger caches only make sense when you are under
memory pressure and (hopefully) your pages render fast enough so that
less threads can still satisfy the rendering load.

jens